Saturday, November 24, 2007

Whatdidjudo for thanksgiving ?

Me.....i spent the last 6 days kicking around the Bighole Valley of Wisdom MT, a nice place to go if you're looking for a desolate and quiet place. I like those qualities in a vacation spot even though it's only 2 hours from my front door and the temperatures in Wisdom are typically the coldest in the country during the winter. We saw the temps hover 10 below a couple of mornings, and the crisp cold air had a bite on any exposed skin. I've come to enjoy that bite over the past years and i get a little gidy when this time of the year comes and my father in law Randall and i head over to the Lewis Ranch for a little hunting and male bonding : ). But of course i couldn't bring myself to vacation without the bicycle so we threw in both Surly Pugsleys to pedal behind gated, snow covered roads. I took a few pictures this year just to share, here's a bird eye view of life on an 1800 acre cattle ranch minus the calused hands.

The Lewis's Place


our home for 6 days

my old bronco


the paycheck

scenery





No comments: