Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Bike Town USA

Here's a pretty good read about the cycling culture over in Portland OR., this was forwarded to me by Warwick this morning (thanks buddy!). Click here. I've only been to Portland once but it was pretty obvious from my one trip that the indy rock, bike messanger, commuting, bike scene was alive and well. I thought the city was much nicer than the neighboring city to the north known as Seattle......and i'd say Portlands love of caffiene and micro-brews easily rivals the big brother. Matter of fact Portland claims they have more breweries per capita than any place in the US of A. I can believe it from my short stay last year as there wasn't a corner street business in the downtown area that wasn't either a coffee shop or a brewery. I found load's of websites directing hops and barley lovers to the wide selection that the city hosts......Here are a few links.


Portland Beer. ORG

The beer blog


And you know......i've just got to put in the research since we'll be heading that direction come Feb. 8-10th for the fourth annual NAHMBS , yessir...that's right. We're going back to lay witness to some of the finest crafted bikes put on the earth. Artisian style. And i'm looking forward to it.

one of my favorite pics from last year's show taken from the Sycip camp:




last years bro (will hopefully be this years bro's)

No comments: