Sunday, March 25, 2007

spring ride

Headed out for a true spring ride today. True in the regard that inevitably the ride starts with beautiful 60d temps and warm sunshine which allowed us to savor the best part of the ride, the singletrack. But in true spring fashion just as we were ending our singletrack leg the clouds moved in and dumped a ton of rain down on us as we made our way back over the lick creek pass. Not only did it begin to rain but the temps dropped a good 20 degrees, my pale legs turned a purple hue and my cheap rain jacket soaked the rain up like it was a sponge. It was a good thing we had such a long climb back to keep the internal fire stoked or other wise my skinny arse would have froze. It was still a damn good ride and i'm happy spring is finally here.


Como loop

a little wet on the way back

when i stopped to take the above picture is when i noticed the rainbow beside me and my bike, purdy cool picture i thought. And damn good timing.



No comments: